Bike Shop Program
Botswana, Jordan, Tanzania, Zambia
AKP Project Since 2015
AKP gives communities vital access to transportation
The Bike Shop Program empowers local communities through mobility: health care workers can see more patients, students can make the journey to school, middle- to low-income workers can get to work in an affordable manner, and families can carry more goods to and from home. Each bike shop employs five women, providing them with the opportunity to support their families through earned income. AKP supports the operations of bike shops in the following locations:
- Chipego Bike Shop | Nakatindi Village, Zambia
- Mfuwe Women’s Bike Society | Mfuwe, Zambia
- Dipetsana Women’s Bike Shop | Kasane, Botswana
- Duuma Wajane | Babati, Tanzania
- Jordan Bike Shop | Jordan location to be determined – New Program!
Visit this Project
A&K can include a visit to any of our AKP-supported bike shops on a Tailor Made Journey. Contact our offices in Australia, the UK or the USA for assistance in creating an itinerary just for you.