AKP School Feeding Program
Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Peru and Zambia
AKP Project Since 2008
AKP provides school children a daily lunch
Every mother knows that a child with an empty belly cannot learn. Across the world, a huge number of families living in remote areas of the country are unable to feed their children three, or even two, meals a day. Often, children are sent to school with nothing more than a cup of tea for breakfast. This means that children are frequently unable to concentrate in classes and are severely malnourished, which leads to slower brain development.
Together with our donors, AKP is tackling this problem by providing daily lunches in the following locations:
- Enkereri Primary School Feeding Program | Masai Mara, Kenya
- Partakilat Primary School Feeding Program | Masai Mara, Kenya
- Nakatindi Primary School Feeding Program | Nakatindi, Zambia
- Ilboru School for Children With Special Needs | Arusha, Tanzania
- Children of the Rainbow | Urubamba, Peru
- Ntungamo Primary School | Bwindi, Uganda
The schools that have feeding programs in place have seen a significant increase in the children’s ability to concentrate in the afternoon, higher performance in school exams, elevated school ranking, and greater student retention. Indeed, when the word gets out that a school has established a school lunch program, the schools have seen major increases in school enrolment.
Visit this Project
A&K can include a visit to any of our AKP-supported school feeding programs on a Tailor Made Journey. Contact our offices in Australia, the UK or the USA for assistance in creating an itinerary just for you.