The travel industry is in the midst of a transformation toward greater equity and sustainability. At Abercrombie & Kent Philanthropy (AKP), we are dedicated to positively impacting lives and livelihoods in the communities where our guests travel. We are equally committed to ensuring guests learn about our philanthropic investments as an integral part of their travel experience. From Africa to Asia, Latin America to the Antarctic, we are working with partner communities on education, health care, conservation and enterprise development projects.
Our Global Footprint
AKP has full-time community development professionals around the world who are responsible for facilitating our commitment to our community partners and introducing guests to our philanthropic investments. We currently have coordinators in Brazil, Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana, Peru, Sri Lanka, India, and Southeast Asia. Watch the video to meet our coordinators, learn about their work, and understand how your travel choice makes a difference.
News & Press
- RT @AKTravel_USA : The drones capture high-res images measured to within 1cm of accuracy so that researchers can study changes in whale size… 3 days ago
- RT @Geoffrey_Kent : A&K’s business model is based on working in partnership with local communities to protect traditional cultures, wildlife… 6 days ago
- With the money that Goitse has earned from working at the Dipetsana Bike Shop in Botswana she has saved enough mone… https://t.co/shhJ0kqMKv 4 weeks ago
- Construction of the Waiting Mother’s Hostel in Uganda is continuing smoothly. The expansion will increase capacity… https://t.co/6YYz8uWLWW 1 month ago
- Read about one guest’s experience traveling with A&K and visiting AKP’s Hansraj Children’s Home project in Udaipur,… https://t.co/E8S3nCWoy3 1 month ago