The travel industry is in the midst of a transformation toward greater equity and sustainability. At Abercrombie & Kent Philanthropy (AKP), we are dedicated to positively impacting lives and livelihoods in the communities where our guests travel. We are equally committed to ensuring guests learn about our philanthropic investments as an integral part of their travel experience. From Africa to Asia, Latin America to the Antarctic, we are working with partner communities on education, health care, conservation and enterprise development projects.
Our Global Footprint
AKP has full-time community development professionals around the world who are responsible for facilitating our commitment to our community partners and introducing guests to our philanthropic investments. We currently have coordinators in Brazil, Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana, Uganda, Peru, Sri Lanka, India, and Southeast Asia. Watch the video to meet our coordinators, learn about their work, and understand how your travel choice makes a difference.
News & Press
- The Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is home to 600+ mountain gorillas - almost half of the worldwide population.… https://t.co/uksgPOE2m9 2 days ago
- Happy #WorldRhinoDay! AKP is proud to partner with rhino conservation efforts & share wildlife educational opportun… https://t.co/SiaXvIg6nG 4 days ago
- AKP proudly supports the Antarctica Climate Change Project, directed by award-winning scientist Dr. James McClintoc… https://t.co/kquNazJbcd 5 days ago
- While many things have been on pause, construction at Nakatindi Primary School in Zambia has been moving ahead! The… https://t.co/B5Gv1vDOAG 1 week ago
- "The 1st baby, it was something so amazing, we were so proud." It’s been 2 years since the Nakatindi Maternity Ward… https://t.co/ubejtC008w 6 months ago