The travel industry is in the midst of a transformation toward greater equity and sustainability. At Abercrombie & Kent Philanthropy (AKP), we are dedicated to positively impacting lives and livelihoods in the communities where our guests travel. We are equally committed to ensuring guests learn about our philanthropic investments as an integral part of their travel experience. From Africa to Asia, Latin America to the Antarctic, we are working with partner communities on education, health care, conservation and enterprise development projects.
Our Global Footprint
AKP has full-time community development professionals around the world who are responsible for facilitating our commitment to our community partners and introducing guests to our philanthropic investments. We currently have coordinators in Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana, Peru, Sri Lanka, India, and Southeast Asia. Watch the video to meet our coordinators, learn about their work, and understand how your travel choice makes a difference.
News & Press
- The name of the bike shop “Duuma Wajane” translates to “Cheetah Widows” in Swahili. #InternationalWidows Day 1 day ago
- On #InternationalWidowsDay AKP celebrates the 5 widows who are working as mechanics at the Duuma Wajane Bike Shop i… https://t.co/OHIFNzmB0N 1 day ago
- #InternationalWidowsDay raises awareness for poverty and injustice faced by millions of widows and their dependents in many countries. 1 day ago
- Laying the foundation for our newest bike shop in Bwindi. AKP supports shops in Zambia, Botswana, Tanzania, Jordan… https://t.co/F14BD5I1pC 4 days ago
- The center’s efforts will help catch and relocate mongoose which have had a detrimental impact on surrounding wildlife. 6 days ago