The travel industry is in the midst of a transformation toward greater equity and sustainability. At Abercrombie & Kent Philanthropy (AKP), we are dedicated to positively impacting lives and livelihoods in the communities where our guests travel. We are equally committed to ensuring guests learn about our philanthropic investments as an integral part of their travel experience. From Africa to Asia, Latin America to the Antarctic, we are working with partner communities on education, health care, conservation and enterprise development projects.
Our Global Footprint
AKP has full-time community development professionals around the world who are responsible for facilitating our commitment to our community partners and introducing guests to our philanthropic investments. We currently have coordinators in Brazil, Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana, Uganda, Peru, Sri Lanka, India, and Southeast Asia. Watch the video to meet our coordinators, learn about their work, and understand how your travel choice makes a difference.
News & Press
- AKP has begun construction of a playground at Pardhi Girls’ Hostel Panna in India. 100 young Pardhi students will b… https://t.co/FMcuqEJ2QU 4 weeks ago
- #TBT In June 2020, AKP shipped a 40-foot shipping container filled with 625 boxes of medical supplies & equipment (… https://t.co/nSiuCYxlhb 4 weeks ago
- Uganda’s Bwindi Community Hospital offers expectant mothers the opportunity to learn new skills while staying at th… https://t.co/yWQkKWw4KX 1 month ago
- Thanks to a donation by an A&K guest, AKP constructed a new library at Ntungamo Primary School in Uganda. The schoo… https://t.co/OjxlMYU5FZ 1 month ago
- In 2020, AKP shipped 1,426 bikes to our programs in Africa. To date, AKP has sent 15,000+ bikes to our global commu… https://t.co/Ba4k0t7s8b 1 month ago