The travel industry is in the midst of a transformation toward greater equity and sustainability. At Abercrombie & Kent Philanthropy (AKP), we are dedicated to positively impacting lives and livelihoods in the communities where our guests travel. We are equally committed to ensuring guests learn about our philanthropic investments as an integral part of their travel experience. From Africa to Asia, Latin America to the Antarctic, we are working with partner communities on education, health care, conservation and enterprise development projects.
Our Global Footprint
AKP has full-time community development professionals around the world who are responsible for facilitating our commitment to our community partners and introducing guests to our philanthropic investments. We currently have coordinators in Brazil, Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana, Uganda, Peru, Sri Lanka, India, and Southeast Asia. Watch the video to meet our coordinators, learn about their work, and understand how your travel choice makes a difference.
News & Press
- "The 1st baby, it was something so amazing, we were so proud." It’s been 2 years since the Nakatindi Maternity Ward… https://t.co/ubejtC008w 3 months ago
- Meet Lawrence, an A&K guide who helps deliver much-needed food supplies for the children’s lunch program at Oltiyan… https://t.co/hHSyQituq3 3 months ago
- Meet Somoina. She works as a cook at Oltiyani Primary School in Kenya to provide a nutritious lunch for 126 childre… https://t.co/hWkEuMS18p 3 months ago
- Meet Esther. The youngest mechanic at the Chipego Bike Shop in Nakatindi Village, Zambia, she works to support her… https://t.co/1jhUiNKW4A 3 months ago
- AKP believes that the travel industry must do its part to sustain all life on Earth. That’s why we support conserva… https://t.co/lfyaiEqeCD 3 months ago