The travel industry is in the midst of a transformation toward greater equity and sustainability. At Abercrombie & Kent Philanthropy (AKP), we are dedicated to positively impacting lives and livelihoods in the communities where our guests travel. We are equally committed to ensuring guests learn about our philanthropic investments as an integral part of their travel experience. From Africa to Asia, Latin America to the Antarctic, we are working with partner communities on education, health care, conservation and enterprise development projects.
Our Global Footprint
AKP has full-time community development professionals around the world who are responsible for facilitating our commitment to our community partners and introducing guests to our philanthropic investments. We currently have coordinators in Brazil, Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana, Uganda, Peru, Sri Lanka, India, and Southeast Asia. Watch the video to meet our coordinators, learn about their work, and understand how your travel choice makes a difference.
News & Press
- Despite heavy rains in Uganda, construction of Ebenezer Primary School is continuing smoothly. The Bwindi community… https://t.co/5UMRMWRstb 16 hours ago
- Thanks to local Zambia carpenter, Mr. Mwale, who spent several weeks refurbishing desks at Nakatindi Primary School… https://t.co/bHh23Lwatq 4 days ago
- Did you celebrate Global Hand Washing Day on Oct 15? Our community partner in New Delhi, @deepalayadelhi , made lear… https://t.co/b42tWU7PR0 6 days ago
- RT @AKTravel_USA : What does climate change have to do with college football? @JiminAntarctica breaks it down. https://t.co/afFdwQF9Fy 2 weeks ago
- RT @AKTravel_USA : We did it! Because of your support, 10 families in Cambodia will have access to clean water. Thank you to everyone who jo… 4 weeks ago