The travel industry is in the midst of a transformation toward greater equity and sustainability. At Abercrombie & Kent Philanthropy (AKP), we are dedicated to positively impacting lives and livelihoods in the communities where our guests travel. We are equally committed to ensuring guests learn about our philanthropic investments as an integral part of their travel experience. From Africa to Asia, Latin America to the Antarctic, we are working with partner communities on education, health care, conservation and enterprise development projects.
Our Global Footprint
AKP has full-time community development professionals around the world who are responsible for facilitating our commitment to our community partners and introducing guests to our philanthropic investments. We currently have coordinators in Brazil, Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana, Uganda, Peru, Sri Lanka, India, and Southeast Asia. Watch the video to meet our coordinators, learn about their work, and understand how your travel choice makes a difference.
News & Press
- Jane has dedicated her life to address health disparities within rural, underserved communities in Uganda. Her dedi… https://t.co/dKbtSAF3uz 4 days ago
- We're honored to have Jane at the @AKTravel_USA office this week. As the head of Uganda Nursing School Bwindi, Jane… https://t.co/mrXtRRLlVo 4 days ago
- RT @MicroLoan : MicroLoan has recently entered into a new partnership with @AKPhilanthropy to support their work and offer business training… 4 days ago
- In 2018, AKP supported Dr. McClintock’s work with the donation of 4 drones, used for studying humpback whale behavi… https://t.co/GasNd9sVQO 1 week ago
- AKP proudly supports the Antarctica Climate Change Project, directed by award-winning climate change expert Dr. Jam… https://t.co/AnOuIs6Ez5 1 week ago