The travel industry is in the midst of a transformation toward greater equity and sustainability. At Abercrombie & Kent Philanthropy (AKP), we are dedicated to positively impacting lives and livelihoods in the communities where our guests travel. We are equally committed to ensuring guests learn about our philanthropic investments as an integral part of their travel experience. From Africa to Asia, Latin America to the Antarctic, we are working with partner communities on education, health care, conservation and enterprise development projects.
Our Global Footprint
AKP has full-time community development professionals around the world who are responsible for facilitating our commitment to our community partners and introducing guests to our philanthropic investments. We currently have coordinators in Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana, Peru, Sri Lanka, India, and Southeast Asia. Watch the video to meet our coordinators, learn about their work, and understand how your travel choice makes a difference.
News & Press
- #TBT to the building of a middle school in Sin Kyun Village, #Myanmar AKP works with village leadership to develop… https://t.co/Ug3nusnqz3 4 hours ago
- Our newest enterprise initiative in Zambia is a soap-making group of 10 female voluntary healthcare workers who wan… https://t.co/kVfhl8CoSD 4 days ago
- 2017 was fantastic year of philanthropic programming. Here’s to continued growth in 2018! https://t.co/sAR9lxVLC7 6 days ago
- This year, AKP is proud to announce that we will be sponsoring the new pre-K class at Children of the Rainbow. We a… https://t.co/mLzTDWl5HP 1 week ago
- A peek into the daily life of the students at Children of the Rainbow project in Peru. https://t.co/TNM6j6dkho 1 week ago