The travel industry is in the midst of a transformation toward greater equity and sustainability. At Abercrombie & Kent Philanthropy (AKP), we are dedicated to positively impacting lives and livelihoods in the communities where our guests travel. We are equally committed to ensuring guests learn about our philanthropic investments as an integral part of their travel experience. From Africa to Asia, Latin America to the Antarctic, we are working with partner communities on education, health care, conservation and enterprise development projects.
Our Global Footprint
AKP has full-time community development professionals around the world who are responsible for facilitating our commitment to our community partners and introducing guests to our philanthropic investments. We currently have coordinators in Brazil, Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana, Uganda, Peru, Sri Lanka, India, and Southeast Asia. Watch the video to meet our coordinators, learn about their work, and understand how your travel choice makes a difference.
News & Press
- RT @AKTravel_AU : Sishemo Bead Studio Nakatindi is the latest in a series of successful @AKPhilanthropy social enterprises in Zambia. Eight… 2 weeks ago
- Hello from happy students at Hansraj Children’s Home in Udaipur, India. Since 2017, AKP has supported the school an… https://t.co/T5sBXs4b7V 2 weeks ago
- Construction progress continues at the Ebenezer Primary School, located next to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park i… https://t.co/oOjdn2lZ9I 3 weeks ago
- With A&K guest support, a new school library “El Castillo de los Libros” (the Castle of Books) was built for Childr… https://t.co/YVDGRGiWj8 3 weeks ago
- Since Zambia’s Nakatindi Maternity Ward opened in April 2018, 125 babies have been delivered in a safe and healthy environment. 3 weeks ago