The travel industry is in the midst of a transformation toward greater equity and sustainability. At Abercrombie & Kent Philanthropy (AKP), we are dedicated to positively impacting lives and livelihoods in the communities where our guests travel. We are equally committed to ensuring guests learn about our philanthropic investments as an integral part of their travel experience. From Africa to Asia, Latin America to the Antarctic, we are working with partner communities on education, health care, conservation and enterprise development projects.
Our Global Footprint
AKP has full-time community development professionals around the world who are responsible for facilitating our commitment to our community partners and introducing guests to our philanthropic investments. We currently have coordinators in Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana, Peru, Sri Lanka, India, and Southeast Asia. Watch the video to meet our coordinators, learn about their work, and understand how your travel choice makes a difference.
News & Press
- "A day when you see a rhino roaming in the wild is always a good day." @missmaryholland #conservation https://t.co/cINxcQz36A @Independent 4 hours ago
- #DYK that the bicycle was invented 200 years ago in 1817? AKP is on pace to send more than 6,500 donated bikes to o… https://t.co/4gxGoaPW6y 2 weeks ago
- To our teachers all over the world, THANK YOU! #WorldTeachersDay https://t.co/NqsGBFoh4N 2 weeks ago
- Happy #WorldAnimalDay! Our projects work to protect a variety of wildlife. Which AKP-supported animal would you like to travel to see?🦏 🐆 🐧 2 weeks ago
- The program empowers youth to become entrepreneurs by offering training in sewing, plumbing, carpentry and other us… https://t.co/OYKTt6y2IK 3 weeks ago