Program Support Inquiries
Abercrombie & Kent Philanthropy (AKP), the global philanthropic arm of the luxury tour operator Abercrombie & Kent, strives daily to be responsive to the priorities and needs of global communities where our A&K guests travel.
Our community investment and partnership priorities reflect our AKP mission pillars:
Program Support Guidelines
All requests for program support in the form of grants, sponsorships, or partnerships must be submitted through AKP’s Program Support Inquiry application and follow guidelines as detailed below.
AKP supports programs and partnerships based on the following criteria:
- Alignment with AKP Mission & Goals – Eligible programs must further advance at least one of AKP’s four mission pillars:
- Community Enterprise
- Location – Eligible programs must be in geographical locations where A&K guests travel.
- Sustainable & Long-Term Impact – Eligible programs must have proven experience/a strategic implementation plan that demonstrates long-term and sustainable impact on a particular community, geographic region, or population.
- Ability to Demonstrate Accountability – Eligible programs must have reporting mechanisms and evaluation methodologies in place to demonstrate that support is being utilized with utmost transparency and integrity.
AKP does not support:
- Individuals seeking educational grants
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, color, sex, gender identity and/or expression, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability
- Religious endeavors
- Contests, pageants or trips
- Political, lobbying, or voter registration programs
- Requests from any type of fraternal, veteran, labor, or religious organizations
- Local sports or athletic teams
- Website development
- U.S.-based organizations that do not have tax-exempt status under Section 501(c) (3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service Code, or the equivalent
- Organizations formed outside the U. S. that do not have a charitable equivalency status under the laws and provisions of their respective government
To submit your request, download and complete AKP’s Program Support Inquiry application.
- Applications must be completed in full and submitted via email to be considered.
- Save your application as a PDF or Word Document.
- Email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email subject should be “AKP PROGRAM SUPPORT INQUIRY: Name of your organization-program”
All complete Program Support Inquiry applications will be reviewed by AKP.
- If AKP is interested in pursuing your inquiry, a full proposal may be requested along with additional communications with AKP staff as part of the consideration process.
- Funding decisions are made on an ongoing basis; there are no deadlines.
- Due to the large volume of inquiries received, AKP is unable to provide an exact timeframe during which your application will be reviewed.
- AKP does our best to review and process materials received in a timely manner, ideally within six to eight weeks.
Thank You for Your Interest!
Each year, AKP receives a high volume of requests for a variety of initiatives. While we are happy that there are so many individuals and organizations working to make a difference in communities worldwide, we are focused on those initiatives that align with AKP’s and A&K’s overall community investment priorities.
Organizations with Program Support Inquiry applications that meet specific guidelines, and further AKP’s strategic goals and objectives, will be contacted by AKP for further consideration in our portfolio of philanthropic investments and partnerships.
We thank you for your interest – and encourage you to check www.akphilanthropy.org for frequent updates.