The travel industry is in the midst of a transformation toward greater equity and sustainability. At Abercrombie & Kent Philanthropy (AKP), we are dedicated to positively impacting lives and livelihoods in the communities where our guests travel. We are equally committed to ensuring guests learn about our philanthropic investments as an integral part of their travel experience. From Africa to Asia, Latin America to the Antarctic, we are working with partner communities on education, health care, conservation and enterprise development projects.
Our Global Footprint
AKP has full-time community development professionals around the world who are responsible for facilitating our commitment to our community partners and introducing guests to our philanthropic investments. We currently have coordinators in Brazil, Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana, Uganda, Peru, Sri Lanka, India, and Southeast Asia. Watch the video to meet our coordinators, learn about their work, and understand how your travel choice makes a difference.
News & Press
- We begin Week 3 of #AKPMoveItMay in a favela of Rio de Janiero, Brazil, where AKP supports Favela Inc. This local N… https://t.co/vNeQGrnOMw 30 minutes ago
- Week Two of #AKPMoveItMay ends after a 2,420km walk to Ilboru School in Arusha, Tanzania. Here, children with speci… https://t.co/V1zd3Z6QoR 3 days ago
- Our second #AKPMoveItMay Challenge begins as we visit Sishemo Bead Studio in Zambia. Here, AKP supports this women-… https://t.co/YrLSS15aN9 1 week ago
- Our #AKPMoveItMay challenge ends this week arriving at Bwindi Community Hospital & Nursing School in Uganda. Here,… https://t.co/PqVhNqsPZa 1 week ago
- This week's 1,260km #AKPMoveItMay challenge began at Oltiyani Primary School in Kenya, where AKP funds the Safe Wat… https://t.co/2ZU8o6K4SI 2 weeks ago