The travel industry is in the midst of a transformation toward greater equity and sustainability. At Abercrombie & Kent Philanthropy (AKP), we are dedicated to positively impacting lives and livelihoods in the communities where our guests travel. We are equally committed to ensuring guests learn about our philanthropic investments as an integral part of their travel experience. From Africa to Asia, Latin America to the Antarctic, we are working with partner communities on education, health care, conservation and enterprise development projects.
Our Global Footprint
AKP has full-time community development professionals around the world who are responsible for facilitating our commitment to our community partners and introducing guests to our philanthropic investments. We currently have coordinators in Brazil, Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana, Uganda, Peru, Sri Lanka, India, and Southeast Asia. Watch the video to meet our coordinators, learn about their work, and understand how your travel choice makes a difference.
News & Press
- We are so proud of the commitment our guides make to the communities where we work! In May, our guides in Myanmar l… https://t.co/QuKTTp98Uu 2 weeks ago
- AKP has installed an off grid solar power system to supply electricity in the Kacherawala School in Jaipur - result… https://t.co/uPw5XBAh4a 2 weeks ago
- 10,265 students and teachers now have access to clean water in Tanzania! AKP and @LifeStraw recently conducted the… https://t.co/karGyjQ47E 3 weeks ago
- #FBF AKP and @LifeStraw conducted the delivery, installation, training, and demonstration of Community water filter… https://t.co/46rnWTOBfH 3 weeks ago
- In one day, Ethiopians planted more than 350 million — that's million with an M — trees. Great to see such efforts… https://t.co/1DRu4U1j2C 3 weeks ago